Monday 25 April 2011

Easter BBQ treats


I had a bit of last minute baking inspiration yesterday morning, so had a quick browse of my little pink bible, a rummage around my cupboards and thought I'd "quickly" knock-up the Peanut Butter & Chocolate Pie.

I didn't have much time to spare, but this pie didn't involve any "baking" as such and the little blurb at the top of the page said it was a simple recipe... so I thought I'd have time. Oh no no no... simple doesn't mean quick! That'll teach me to read through the recipe through before I start! But, it was worth the time...

A four layer pie with cookie crunch, peanut butter, chocolate AND cream isn't to be sniffed at. In fact, is there much better?

I finally got all the layers stacked and looking pretty in the tin...


...then came the moment of truth - would the pie stand up once the tin was released and, more importantly, how would it taste?


Both questions got a big thumbs up! The pie stood up, and my nieces and nephews gave it a big thumbs up when they nommed down after our Easter BBQ. I think that's what they call a result!

Happy Easter, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment