Sunday 3 July 2011

A moment in thyme

Now then, I'm sure we all thought it when we first got our pink bibles. Lemon and thyme loaf... really?

Oh yes. Oh really. Oh yum!





I don't have too much to say about this one... quick and easy recipe, explained perfectly step by step by the good ol' Hummingbird, and it came out the oven looking a cracker, and only got better when I poured the glistening syrup over the top of the loaf.

I didn't add any thyme to the syrup as I'm not very good at cutting it finely (every chef has a weakness!) so I used the juice of two lemons, the sugar and a little drop of water, which worked perfectly. I also forgot to decorate with a sprig of lemon thyme, but who needs the added greenery?

Now all that's left to do is enjoy (another) slice and wait for feedback tomorrow from my work buddies/guinea pigs.

1 comment:

  1. Right, that's it - I'm off to grab my copy of Hummingbird cake days - it's been sitting on my bookshelf for far too long! What a gorgeous looking loaf cake :-)

    ReplyDelete