Friday 22 July 2011

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy


I think I'm a little bit in love with the loaf recipes in the Hummingbird book - the Lemon and Poppy Seed one included. Considering I'm a bit of a cupcake junkie, this is quite a revelation! Though, I must admit, it may be down to my laziness to spend my evenings in the kitchen icing each individual little cuppycake.

The loaves are all as easy as it comes - mix everything up, whack it in a loaf tin (very Jamie Oliver!), and bake for up to an hour. See, even the baking time allows you to go away and do something else. I'm always so wary when I put cupcakes or cookies in the oven as they take no time at all to bake and tan.

The Lemon and Poppy Seed loaf was no exception. Everything went in (including Ricotta cheese - who'd'a thunked it?), and came out an hour later smelling deeelish! The deliciously tart lemon syrup was dribbled over the top and, literally, that's it!


My office guinea pigs are omitting lots of mmms - I think this is a good thing!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a delicious loaf. I can imagine the ricotta made it really moist :-)

    ReplyDelete