Tuesday 17 May 2011

Nutcase!


Just a quickie from me last night (oo-er, missus!) - I had several bags of mixed nuts that I'd picked up cheap at the weekend, and a spare few minutes in the kitchen, so after a quick flick through my little pink bible I landed on the Mixed Nut Bars. And boy, am I glad that I did!

So quick and so easy... and, oh, so yummy! Very moreish though... dangerously so!

I'd never made anything like the mixed nut bars before and was a little apprehensive, but the method looked simple enough (and was so simply explained, as is the Hummingbird's typical style). I got stuck in and in no time at all my kitchen smelt sweet and homely... see, make a proper housewife out of me yet!

I've brought the finished article into the office today as a Tuesday treat and, so far, all the comments have been good! I've had a little taste and am more than pleased with how these bars came out... can't wait to try my hand at the next nutty recipe now!


Keep an eye on the blog... it's my wedding anniversary on Thursday and I'm planning on making the Hummingbird's coconut cake for the boy (he hasn't dropped "too" many hints about it!). Fourth wedding anniversary - traditional gift is flower, but I figure I can change that to "flour", right?

No comments:

Post a Comment